Wednesday, May 14, 2008

1st Prize Winner, Way to go Kaitlyn!!!!






Kaitlyn came home from school last week and told me that she was going to enter an essay contest at school. My first thought was, "Kindergartener's don't write essays, do they?" But she was determined to enter and I wasn't going to be the one to stop her. The essay was on bike saftey and there would be 7 winners (one from each grade). The winners of the essay won a brand new bike.

She sat down at the kitchen table and decided what she was going to say and wrote her first draft. Ryan and I helped her with her spelling on her finally draft and on the back she just couldn't resist drawing a cute little picture. She turned it in the next day and on Friday, May 9th. The announced the winners. Kaitlyn's name was called and she was so surprised she couldn't even talk for the longest time.

The first thing she said when she finally came to was, "I didn't even have to pay money for this, they just said here you go." It was to cute.

Kait we are so proud of you. What a smart girl. I hope you always have the courage to go after whatever you want no matter what. Congratulations Sweetie.









3 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

HOw about posting that "finally" draft! :) HA! You KNOW I had a good laugh about that one! In fact, I would show it to Ryan, if he weren't in St. Louis!

Seriously though, you need to post the essay!

KAIT!! OH MY HECK! A NEW BIKE! Good job sweetheart!

Salisbury Family said...

Whoa....
pretty inspiring Kaitlyn. I'll read this to Lydia tomorrow. I'm sure she'll want to come right down, and check out your new wheels...maybe when your 16 it will be a CAR!!! Keep writing darling!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a bike for an Essay!! Great job Kaitlyn!

Love,
Grandpa & Sondi