Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools!!!

For April Fools this year, I made a "Chicken Pot Pie" for dinner.

The April Fools part was the peas where Green Apple Airheads, the corn and carrotts were Starbursts. The Potatos and Chicken was banannas and White Chocolate. and the Gravy was pudding.

It was pretty fun to watch the kids take the first bite. I laughed and boy did I need a good laugh.


And then for dessert we had "Chocolate Pie with Stawberry Frosting"

Which was really Meatloaf and Mashed Potatos (with mashed up beets for the coloring).



Kaitlyn loves frosting, so it was hilarious to watch her eat a mouth full of potatos expecting it to be frosting. I wish I had pictures of the kids reaction, but then they would have known something was up and it wouldn't have been near as fun.


For a drink, Kaitlyn made jello and put it in cups, so when everyone drank their "Kool aid" it was stuck to the bottom of the cup.
All in all, we had a great time playing jokes on each other all day.

6 comments:

Jodi Gallagher said...

You are so creative! Love it all! So fun!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

THAT is awesome! I LOVE IT! I wish I would have seen their faces too!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! So much fun!

Kyle and Serene Hardy said...

That is a fun idea! Maybe I will try that one someday?!

P.S. It was fun to see you last night. We will plan some fun play days this summer.

Brian and Kayla said...

So good to see you this weekend Lisa. You are such a good example to me. Cute blog too! I like the new changes...

Hardy Party said...

So much fun... You are too creative!