Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kindergarter in Detention?

You might be asking yourself- How could such a sweet little face get in such big trouble?

Bridger and a couple friends decided that they wanted to take their own little field trip at recess on Friday. The went out into the road, where they tried to flag down cars and get them to honk thier horns. Not only did they get in trouble, but thier poor teacher did too. So Friday after school, Bridger was grounded to his room for three hours (while he was in his bedroom, I got online and ordered two books- "Christ-like parenting" and "How to talk so they will listen and listen so they will talk") then he had to write an apology note to his teacher and then he spent recess today in detention. When I picked him up from school today, I asked him how school was- expecting the worst, I was very surprised when he replied. "Really Good." So I continued to probe. "What about recess." I asked. "It was great, Mom. We got to go in the office and sit. I loved it."

Oh boy! So I told him if he promises to be good at school from now on, I will take him to the office and we can sit thier for hours if he wants.

What am I supposed to do with that? Any ideas?

6 comments:

The Postings of Pence said...

You are the best mom! No worries Lisa this is all just "boy" stuff. This too shall pass! I promise. and I agree what a handsome little face.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Seriously Lisa That was So funny!! I know you are the best mom and I always look to you as an example!! Jake and I laughed so hard when we read that, he is so cute and handsome! and MAN I love your pictures!! Cortney did an AWESOME job!! Plus it helps that your family is SO DARLING!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

That is so funny! Don't sweat it. I am sure he knows what he did was wrong. WHY in the world did the teacher get in trouble?! Is she responsible for watching them at recess?! Don't they have recess monitors? Crazy. Poor teacher!

You will LOVE Christlike Parenting. By far one of the best books written!

Marianne Martin said...

Ha Ha! That is so funny! I'm sure this is just the beginning of fun little boy trouble to come. Good thing he's so stinkin cute. Your family pictures you posted are so cute- and your little Carter sure is handsome, and getting big. Don't you just love seeing their reaction the first time they eat real food?

The Batty Bunch said...

ROFLMBO!! Lets blame his naughty streak on his daddy! :0 His mommy is no kind of trouble maker! ;)

Hardy Party said...

Oh my goodness... I'm sure he learned not to go into the street any more. And he is so darn cute... Your dad was quite a little adventurer when he was young. He liked to throw rocks and break anything he could.

Love Dad & Sondi